I like to joke that I am very much like an onion, there are many layers to what I enjoy!
Who would of thought, me, loving an excuse to don something on my head and jump around like a fool.....
Glastonbury gives me freedom to have 6 days (yes I am a hardcore festival goer) of unadulterated fun with my hair and clothes. So cat ears and wigs at the ready!
- Rum, all else is lost without this!
- Hip Flask say no more
- Bucket I have a strip wash every day. I do not come back stinking! I find wet wipes leave you with a funny smell
- Flannels x 5
- Washing items / basic cosmetics
- 5 outfits, each one that can be layered up as it gets cooler towards the evening
- Long stocks/Tights a tend to wear two pair of socks, no one wants to come home with trench foot!
- Wellies and 1 pair of Dr Martens Open shoes are a no no especially in crowds
- Hat - There is little shade to be had if the sun decides to grace Worthy Farm
- Tent / Sleeping bag and Air bed You need some luxury after all
- Spare phone batteries. I only have a few this year as I have bought this to try - Power Bar As much as I try I am not an off the grid kinda gal
- Things to put on my head.. haha a wig or Minnie Mouse ears. This year so far is looking tame!
- Waterproofs You know at some point the heavens will open
- Hand sanitiser
- Suncream The areas are so vast with very little shade so it's so easy to burn and ruin your skin and your time there.
do think about what I am taking to wear to Glastonbury, for me it's all part of the festival. Can you imagine if Simon Neil from Biffy Clyro spotted me and I looked a mess!
When I first started going to Glastonbury I bought what I think you "should" wear but in the last few years I am sticking true to more 'my style' and carrying it through to being in a field! To be honest I never get filthy and still have a excellent time.
I also can't wait to get there to eat! The array of food is amazing. As a Coeliac I thought I would be stuck with only a handful of options, how wrong was I! The food is great quality and it's a good price.
Is it your first time of going to a festival this year?
You can follow my capers on Instagram