The gluten/wheat free ranges are getting better in Supermarkets but nothings as good as a bit of home baking. Gluten Free flour can be a bit tricky to work with and cakes can easily fall apart, this is why I tend to shy away from baking. However tonight I thought I would put down the make up and clothes, channel my inner domestic goddess and have a go at making a Banana cake.
Recipie taken from BBC Food online -
Soft, speckled bananas are best for this recipe. The mixture also works for mini muffins if you cook them in individual cases.
• 110g/4oz butter, softened
• 110g/4oz caster sugar
• 2 large eggs, 3 large ripe bananas
• 175g/6oz fine rice flour
• 2 tsp gluten-free baking powder
• ½ tsp salt
• 1kg/2lb loaf tin, lined grease proof paper, or 24 small paper muffin cases
1. Cream the butter and sugar together until pale, light and soft. Add the eggs, one by one, and beat well between each addition.
4. Remove the loaf from the tin and cool on a wire rack; cool mini muffins on a rack in their paper cases. Slice the loaf into eight slices to serve.
Heres my finished Banana Cake!